EPRI Method I3 - Anions in Scrubber Liquors
- Used to quantify major anion concentrations in scrubber liquors
- Analyses by Ion Chromatography.
- Fluoride (F);
- Chloride (Cl); and
- Total Sulfur (SO4)
- Liquor collected from in-line filtration (positive pressure);
- Sample preservation (dilution) with borate buffer and formaldehyde preservative.
- Weigh sample bottle including label and cap to the nearest 0.01 g and record weight;
- Add about 1 mL of 30% hydrogen peroxide to the bottle;
- Reweigh bottle (including cap) to the nearest 0.01 g and record weight;
- Label as "Anion DF with peroxide"
- Color coding bottles (preservatives) can help with later identification.
- Samples may be shipped at ambient temperatures.
- Be sure to include a chain of custody for each shipping container.
- Mainly for determining the chlorides build-up in FGD liquor;
- A time-saving method when multiple samples are involved.
- No, please contact us if you are interested!